Developer - Application Support
POSITION: Developer - Application Support
REPORTS TO: Chief Technology Officer
The Developer/Application support person will support the implementation of all software projects supporting business processes by identifying, analyzing, designing, documenting, and implementing system solutions to meet end-user requirements.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ensure that all PSI safety procedures, rules and regulations are followed and met.
- Writes detailed description of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer programs.
- The development and maintenance of user and server-side applications.
- Implementation of SharePoint-based workflows as well as development of Business Intelligence dashboards.
- Gather and correlate data from various systems to determine level of risk and exposure, as well as troubleshooting issues.
- Configure test environment, assure test data, developing of SQL queries/stored procedures for database and back end testing with further go–in-life Releases.
- Prepare the Business Requirement Document (BRD), Use Case Document (UCD), Use Case Diagram, User Scenario Document (USD) and Test Cases.
- Actively participate in product design reviews by providing creative and practical ideas and solutions in a teamwork environment. A wide degree of creativity and latitude required.
- May provide consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top level contributor/specialist.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Able to communication effectively with all levels of the organization
- Decision making/Problem solving
- Adaptability and Organizational skills and understanding
- Strategic thinking
- Stress Management
- Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
- Willingness and ability to work as a team member
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- US Citizenship required.
- Bachelor's Degree in area of specialty and at least 3 years of experience in software development or in a related area.
- Understanding of all Information Systems used for: ERP, Payroll, Time & Attendance, HCM software
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- SharePoint Designer, InfoPath, Web Parts, and workflow creation.
- Experience using jQuery, Client Object Model, and Service Oriented Architecture.
- Experience with SharePoint’s application services framework including implementation, configuration, and usages of Search, Managed Metadata, and User Profile Services.
- Ability to write Stored Procedures, write complex SQL queries, and ability to analyze the SQL data is desired.
Philly Shipyard is committed to equal opportunity for all applicants. The recruitment, selection, employment, and training of employees during employment, shall be without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, gender or age-except that the applicant must meet the minimum age requirement. Philly Shipyard does not, and will not, discriminate because of the disability of such individual.