Position: Logistics Coordinator
Reports to: SAP Project Manager
Coordinates Logistics functions including expediting in Purchasing Department and ensures Supply Chain is functional for timely delivery of materials for Ship construction and Yard facilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ensure that all PSI safety procedures, rules and regulations are followed and met.
- Contact vendors to verify that the shipment of goods will be made on required date.
- Communicate and coordinate with forwarding companies, customs brokers, and transportation companies to ensure movement of material and supplies and prevent delays in transit.
- Make sure goods are well insured throughout the shipment.
- Communicate, coordinate and keep records of Customs clearance of imported goods.
- Arrange and coordinate for receipt and distribution of materials upon arrival with Material Control.
- Assist with data entry of material receipts and transfers into the ERP system.
- In-house Information Technology support.
- Create/implement functional forms/documents.
- Coordinate all outbound shipments.
- Develop weekly/biweekly project status reports and provide findings on late shipment and expedite the process.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with key players in PSI’s Supply Chain process to ensure goals are met.
- Help Material Control to resolve vendor discrepancy in shipment.
- Collect Missing report after inspection and take up with vendor.
- Can work with other buyers and take purchasing activity when needed.
- Complete all assignments as required.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Able to communication effectively with all levels of the organization
- Decision making/problem solving
- Adaptability and organizational skills and understanding
- Conflict resolution
- Strategic thinking
- Stress management
- Leadership qualities
- Persistent nature
- Willingness and ability to work as a team member with leadership
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
BS/BA in Business/Communication preferred
Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in material control or logistics, including expediting
- Proficient in Microsoft software applications such as Word, Excel
- Familiar with Access, Power Point
- Familiar with SAP a plus
- Knowledge of US Customs process for importing materials a plus
- Knowledge of Supply Chain and Logistics processes required
- Ability to communicate to suppliers the urgency of just-in-time deliveries to the shipyard
- Ability for good record-keeping
- Ability to conduct meetings between PSI personnel and supplier
Philly Shipyard is committed to equal opportunity for all applicants. The recruitment, selection, employment and training of all employees during employment, shall be without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, gender or age-except that the applicant must meet the minimum age requirement. Philly Shipyard does not, and will not, discriminate because of the disability of such individual.