Accounts Payable Coordinator
Position: Accounts Payable Coordinator
Reports To: Controller
Responsible for gathering all documents required in conjunction with the processing of vendor payments and assist with other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ensure that all PSI safety procedures, rules and regulations are followed and met.
- Gather documents, match and review invoices for correctness of information and proper authorization to pay.
- Insure correct account coding.
- Accurate data entry and filing.
- Reconcile vendor accounts monthly.
- Communicate with vendors concerning discrepancies and insure corrective actions are taken.
- Review vendor status weekly with Controller.
- Print and mail checks.
- Open and distribute incoming mail.
- Assist with yearly 1099 tax form preparation.
- Assist with year-end audit.
- Assist with other projects as needed.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good organizational skills and able to prioritize
- Strict attention to detail
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Willingness and ability to work as a team member
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPEREIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Experience with Accounts Payable processing and office operations
- Knowledge and experience with Excel and Word
- Experience with SAP a plus
Environmental exposures are similar to those found in most heavy industrial settings and may include noise, heat, cold, vibration, dust, fumes and smoke. Work may be carried on indoors or outdoors, and may involve exposure to inclement weather conditions.
*Philly Shipyard is a TOBACCO FREE facility.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. A range of motion sufficient to perform general lifting, carrying, bending, stooping, climbing, working at heights, extended walking or standing, etc. is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time, safety-sensitive position. Standard days and hours of work vary by department, days and hours determined by department schedules.
Philly Shipyard is committed to equal opportunity for all applicants. The recruitment, selection, employment and training of employees during employment, shall be without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, gender or age-except that the applicant must meet the minimum age requirement. Philly Shipyard does not, and will not, discriminate because of the disability of such individual.