System Design Integration Manager
Position: System Design Integration Manager
Reports to: Vice President Engineering
The System Design Integration Manager is responsible to manage and lead principal subcontractor activities for specific projects being performed at the shipyard. They will manage the subcontractors’ efforts and be the main point of contact for the shipyard.
- Work to ensure that everyone inside the Yard, own as well as subcontractors, are safe and are performing their work in accordance with our CORE-values.
- Ensure that all PSI safety procedures, rules and regulations are followed and met.
- Oversee the activities of the Principal Subcontractors and be the main point of contact for communication and reporting.
- Provide status updates of the Principal Subcontractors to the other managers throughout the shipyard’s organization including Design, Project Management, Procurement, Planning, Quality, and Production Departments.
- Ensure all Principal Subcontractor technical deliverables are in compliance with requirements and shipyard subject matter experts are consulted on all engineering documentation.
- Interface with the other Design Managers to obtain support from their respective departments as necessary for all systems related to principal subcontracted work scopes.
Manage on-site and off-site Principal Subcontractors’ engineering efforts.
Review and approve technical documents such as drawings, calculations, test procedures, specifications, scopes of work, and design change notices with consensus from shipyard subject matter experts.
Oversee Owner plan review and ensure principal subcontractors’ deliverables are compliant with technical requirements.
Support business development responsibilities include evaluating new Principal Subcontractor capabilities and proposals, and generating technical scopes of work and cost estimates.
- Follow all PSI safety rules and regulations.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Decision Making/Problem Solving
Strong analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy
Ability to handle multiple functions simultaneously and independently
Strong drive, dedication and work ethic
Excellent written and presentation skills coupled with strong interpersonal and teambuilding capabilities across different functional areas and cultures
Duties performed in an office area environment within a manufacturing facility. Environmental exposures are similar to those found in most heavy industrial settings and may include noise, heat, cold, vibration, dust, fumes and smoke. Work may be carried on indoors or outdoors, and may involve exposure to inclement weather conditions.
*Philly Shipyard is a TOBACCO FREE facility.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. A range of motion sufficient to perform general lifting, carrying, bending, stooping, climbing, extended walking or standing, etc. is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Note: Not all applicants will be interviewed
All applications must be turned in to the Human Resources Department for consideration.
Philly Shipyard is committed to equal opportunity for all applicants. The recruitment, selection, employment and training of employees during employment, shall be without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, gender or age-except that the applicant must meet the minimum age requirement. Philly Shipyard does not, and will not, discriminate because of the disability of such individual.