JOB TITLE: TRAINING COORDINATOR
REPORTS TO: TRAINING MANAGER
The training coordinator supports all training department activities with responsibilities that include; course design/implementation, scheduling, instruction, course evaluation and other related administrative duties for all PSI training activities. The successful candidate will train incumbent workers as well as newly hired employees and will coordinate with HR and PSI management teams to ensure all jobs are fully staffed with trained employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Follows all PSI safety rules and regulations
• Lead new employee orientation training
• Course design
• Develop and maintain companywide training schedules and ensure employees and management are properly notified of locations, dates and times
• Maintain and update companywide training records. Provide course sign-in and course evaluation/test sheets.
• Track and evaluate new training methods and techniques
• Design and prepare educational aids and materials as needed
• Support Registered Apprenticeship Program; from recruitment to apprentice performance reviews
• Maintain and update data entry into DOL’s apprentice program (RAPIDS)
• Assists other HR staff with responding to employee and candidate questions
• Maintain and update Learning Management System (Currently Safety Skills LMS and BizLibrary LMS) as well as future implementation of Ultipro (HRMS)
• Assist with grant submissions required for funding opportunities
• Facilitate train-the-trainer sessions for in-house experts/trainers
• Oversee and maintain in-house training facilities and necessary equipment
• Coordinate with HSE on safety related training initiatives (scheduling, documenting, etc.)
• Attend external meetings as required
• Travel required on occasion
• Performs other related duties as assigned and required.
- Outstanding communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Decision Making/Problem Solving
- Strategic Thinking
- Stress Management
- Willingness and ability to work as a team member
No Supervisory Responsibility
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• BS Degree in Training, HR, education or related field with a minimum of three (3) years’ related work experience
• MS Office experience required
• Knowledge of LMS (Safety Skills, BizLibrary, LinkedIn Learning, Ultipro) a plus
Although most of this work is indoors in a climate controlled office environment, some incidents may require this individual to be exposed to environmental exposures similar to those found in most heavy industrial settings and may include noise, heat, cold, vibration, dust, fumes and smoke. Work may be carried on indoors or outdoors, and may involve exposure to inclement weather conditions.
*Philly Shipyard is a TOBACCO FREE facility.
Although the position is an office related white-collar type of job, the successful candidate must still possess the physical abilities necessary to perform any aspect of the job mentioned above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time, safety-sensitive position. Standard days and hours of work vary by department, days and hours determined by department schedules.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time or without notice.
Philly Shipyard is committed to equal opportunity for all applicants. The recruitment, selection, employment and training of employees during employment, shall be without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, gender or age-except that the applicant must meet the minimum age requirement. Philly Shipyard does not, and will not, discriminate because of the disability of such individual.